by Miranda Aponte
The home office is a sanctuary. It is where you can be most productive, comfortable, and at ease all at the same time. It is the only work space where wearing your pajamas is an option. Obviously, there are many more distractions but if you set up your home office space with productivity in mind, nothing can stop you. Work-life balance is just a few tips away. Check out the list below on how to love this space even more.
- Paint. Choose a color that is soothing yet uplifting. This should be tailored to you. Green is a great color for productivity, yellow for inspiration, and red for determination. Do some research on how colors make you feel and choose the one that will get you motivated in the office space.
- Decor. Add in photographs that make you happy and inspired. Photos that remind you of your dreams, goals, and achievements. Your workspace should reflect the mind state you want to be in during productivity hours. A fun way to keep your space inspired and you motivated is to make an inspiration board with photos reminding you of your long term goals and dreams.
- Function. The proper desk and chair are always going to be important in this space to maximize comfort and productivity. Make your office chair ergonomic and supportive with Bhoga’s Got Your Back, it is a dome like cushion that attaches to the back of virtually any chair. It reduces compression, pain, and discomfort. You want to be able to sit up straight while staying flexible during your day.
- Tools. Make sure you are using proper organizational tools on your computer. There are plenty of apps to keep you from distracting yourself or monitoring your time like Checky. There are organizational and to do list like Asana and Trello. My personal favorite is the Momentum Habit Tracker to keep you aware of how you are spending your time and how to be more efficient with it.
- Declutter. Make sure your space is one that you want to work in. That it doesn’t bring you dread with piles of unnecessary clutter. Try to end your workday with cleaning the space. Don’t take up the habit of collecting things that take up space and serve no purpose, take up a habit of purging those things often. It is so important to keep a clear space so you can have a clear, focused mindset.
Productivity in the home office is such a reward. When we are left to our own devices and are able to perform in the way that we want our work just feels better. Get more done in the same amount of time by upgrading your home office.