This is what I made this morning. I just had to share because they are AMAZING! No more spending $5 for a small bag of those tasty little morsels. Hail Merry macaroons and Coco-roons are simply delectable, but with four little ones, it can add up to mucho fetti.
Here’s a SUPER easy snack that is great for packing lunches or for desert. And your family will be hailing you for them!
- 1 cup organic almond meal
- 1 cup organic hazelnut meal
- 1 cup organic coconut flour (you could also use finely shredded coconut, which is typically used)
- 1/2 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder (I used Vega today, but also recommend Raw meal, Aloha, or Sun Warrior)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla unsweetened hemp milk
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic virgin coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup (this is not technically considered “raw”, but it makes the balls stick together.
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (optional
- 1 teaspoon mama root powder (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1 dash himalayan sea salt
Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl mix together the ‘wet’ ingredients (maple, vanilla, and coconut oil) – then slowly pour the wet into the dry and mix it up. The consistency will seem a bit crumbly, but when you mash it together and roll it in a ball it will stick together.
If the balls are not forming properly just add a tad more hemp milk, maple or even some organic coconut oil 🙂
At the end I just sprinkled a little hazelnut meal/flour over the balls for that powdery prettiness.